ORIGINS OF BOWLS SECTION
Whitnash Sports and Social Club was built between 1957 and 1959. Between the Club and the playing field was a piece of land that before it was purchased for Whitnash Sports and Social Club housed a cycle track used by local youngsters.
The Secretary in 1961/2 was a Frank Waterston who decided that this was the perfect site for a bowls green. He ordered the work to be carried out by a company called En-Tout-Cas from Leicester and the cost of providing the green and surrounds came to approximately ┬ú1,500. It was only after the green had been laid that the Club thought it might be a good idea to form a bowls section.